Monday, February 1, 2010

Aware of the Warfare..

It seems these days, that intercessors are in two camps: the ones that are either totally obsessed with the demonic and spend more time in prayer talking to demons and the enemy, than they do to God.

Or the ones that are on the other extreme, are completely oblivious to the warfare at all. I suppose there is probably another camp: the ones that are aware of it...but are terrified of it!

I like to think I've been trained by my prayer mentors to be a good balance of both! I'm very aware of the spiritual realm, but chose to spend most of my time in prayer, talking TO God, telling him where the battle is...and calling Him down into it. At the same time, when He gives me the 'OK' to directly address the enemy, I will and do! But I must know my authority when I'm doing that, or you can be the enemy will just laugh!

Knowing our enemy, is also a tactic of good warfare! Even the generals of old knew that if you wanted to wage a battle, make sure to know everything you could about your enemy. So.....I thought I might spend a bit of time writing about a couple of different 'spirits' that we come up against when doing Intercession.

Over the next few weeks....I'll be writing about confronting the Jezebel Spirit, as well as the Religious Spirit. I know there are ALOT more that I could write on..but at this point I'll just focus on those two for now. I'm also working on a study, for those that might be interested, on the different temperaments in prayer. Anything that help us prayer better, pray sharper - I'm all for!

So...stay tuned for some info on Jezebel int eh next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment